WHO WE ARE:
SEIU Local 721 is a dynamic, and fast growing organization recognized as one of the largest and strongest union of publicly funded employees in the nation. We are on the forefront of local politics, defending public services in the face of budget challenges, organizing workers in the public service sectors and are key players in national reform efforts. We have over 175 staff members covering 6 counties. Over more than 90,000 members provide public services in diverse fields, including health care, social services, special districts, private non-profits, libraries, courts, parks and recreation, public works and mental health in cities and counties throughout Southern California. Through grassroots organizing, identifying and developing leaders within our Union, and organizing worker political power, we are on the front lines of holding government accountable, ensuring efficiency, tackling waste, and improving services.
The Program Developer is responsible for maintenance and enhancements of existing systems, development of new systems, data reports, set up and maintain Network and providing technical assistance to other staff. This person will report to the Director of Information Technology Department and will be performing highly confidential projects and tasks and could be assigned duties beyond this job description. Local travel is sometimes required. This is an FLSA exempt position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Setup and support application development
- Participate in the overall functional and technical design and implementation for assignments
- Development of enterprise system (reports and software) for internal departments and external vendors
- Development and maintenance of necessary jobs, packages, scripts, and processes for the reporting
- Maintain and enhance back-end database and front-end application components and develop utility
- Perform analysis, design, programming, testing and other application development and maintenance tasks
to meet new requirements and major enhancement requests.
- Create and update system documentation and specifications.
- Set up and document enterprise system including hardware and software.
- Problem identification, systems architecture definition, hardware/software specification, design, implementation and solution deployment.
- Share and be a backup of other general responsibilities of the Information Technology Department and meet the goals and needs for the organization and all staff.
- There might be other duties that are not listed above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with at least 4-year experience of software development.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply processes and procedures
- Team player and self-starter with excellent communication, documentation skills and problem-solving skills
- Good ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL SSRS, SSIS, SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Data tool.
- Knowledge of SQL server 2014, 2016 programming, stored procedure
- Solid knowledge of Relational database, ODBC, OLE/DB and ADO
- Solid Knowledge of IT on both servers and workstations
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networked environments, NFS/DNS configuration
- Xamarin Development iPhone Application development is a plus.
- Capable to adapt new technologies.
- Knowledge of ASP.net webform and MVC front end and back end
- Create and consume Web Services both SOAP, WSDL and REST protocol. Ability to implement Web API is a plus
- Knowledge of WEBhook is a plus
- Ability to implement the system security with various authentication type such as Active directory, Form Authentication and OAuth Authentication.
- Knowledge of developing and implementation in Azure Stack and Azure DevOps is a plus
- Knowledge of integration of O365 is a plus
- Experience in software QA
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and participate in all union wide activities.
- Willingness to travel and work in different locations for determined periods of time.
- You must possess a valid California driver’s license, auto insurance, and an automobile for business use
- Commitment to social justice and building power for workers
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate based on experience.
- Fully paid benefits package including medical, dental, vision and a generous life insurance.
Mail, fax or e-mail a cover letter, detailed resume, and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
Human Resources Department SEIU Local 721
1545 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA 90017
Fax: (213) 401-1787 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEIU Local 721 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. SEIU Local 721 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces zero tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Position will remain open until filled.