SEIU Local 721 is a dynamic, and fast growing organization recognized as one of the largest and strongest union of publicly funded employees in the nation. We are on the forefront of local politics, defending public services in the face of budget challenges, organizing workers in the public service sectors and are key players in national reform efforts. We have over 170 staff members covering 6 counties. Our more than 90,000 members provide public services in diverse fields, including health care, social services, special districts, private non-profits, libraries, courts, parks and recreation, public works and mental health in cities and counties throughout Southern California. Through grassroots organizing, identifying and developing leaders within our Union, and organizing worker political power, we are on the front lines of holding government accountable, ensuring efficiency, tackling waste, and improving services.
The Duplication Technician reports directly to the Membership Coordinator and/or Management and is responsible for operating and routine maintenance of large photo copy machines to reproduce color and black/white documents such as; various maps, charts, flyers, banners and contracts. Inventories printing supplies and operates folding machine, cutter, binding, and heavy duty stapler.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED:
- Prioritize duplication requests to assure all requisitions are handled in a timely manner;
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of machines and its accessories, including replacing toner and replenishes paper and staples at all copier stations;
- Work with technicians to oversee repairs on various equipment;
- Prepare and place purchase orders for paper and duplicating supplies in order to maintain adequate inventory on all floors;
- Notify person of completed requests and maintains informational shelves and board with updated union materials on all floors on a daily basis;
- On a daily basis replenish meeting rooms with adequate materials such as butcher paper, makers, etc.;
- Prepare monthly financial report binders for Executive Board;
- Provide support and back up to (General Operations and Logistics Tech);
- Transport audio equipment to worksites for rallies and provides support with set up/break down and clean up;
- Ability to communicate, work effectively and relate respectfully with a diverse membership and staff;
- Ability to lift heavy items, i.e., audio visual equipment, boxed materials, etc.;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Knowledge of heavy duty duplication equipment;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in order to solve operational problems/dilemmas;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and e-mail programs are preferred;
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team and respond quickly to shifting priorities and rush deadlines;
- May be required to work overtime as needed; flexibility to work overtime with minimum notice;
- Valid California’s Driver’s License and carry automobile insurance;
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Current hourly rate is $24.46 (entry) to $28.68 (10 years)
- Fully paid benefit package including medical, dental, vision and a generous life insurance.
- The Duplication Technician is an hourly OPEIU bargaining unit position subject to a staff union contract.
- Work hours may be between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., subject to department needs.
Mail, fax or e-mail a cover letter, detailed resume, two-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
Human Resources Department SEIU Local 721
1545 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA 90017
Fax: (213) 402-3590 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEIU Local 721 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. SEIU Local 721 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces zero tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Position will remain open until filled.