SEIU Local 721 is a dynamic, and fast growing organization recognized as one of the largest and strongest union of publicly funded employees in the nation. We are on the forefront of local politics, defending public services in the face of budget challenges, organizing workers in the public service sectors and are key players in national reform efforts. We have over 180 staff members covering 6 counties. Our more than 90,000 members provide public services in diverse fields, including health care, social services, special districts, private non-profits, libraries, courts, parks and recreation, public works and mental health in cities and counties throughout Southern California. Through grassroots organizing, identifying and developing leaders within our Union, and organizing worker political power, we are on the front lines of holding government accountable, ensuring efficiency, tackling waste, and improving services.
The Property Manager is a salaried position which reports to the Director of Operations. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage all the properties owned and/or leased by the Union and/or its affiliates.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Enforce terms of lease/rental agreements
• Enforce occupancy policies and procedures and confronting violators
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
• Maintain all statutory required records
• Holds the responsibility of a Project Manager, Track Progress of Project(s) in all Owned and or Leased
• Works with our preferred Architect and Operations Team on the Request for Proposal and complies with
our Standard Operating Procedure
• Complies with all Standard Operating Procedures on obtaining approvals and budget (s) on Projects
• Leads, the Building Engineer, Parking Attendant, Security and Janitorial teams
• Organize incoming and outgoing inspections and maintain inspection reports
• Complete all required paperwork for new tenants
• Ensure the premises is ready for new occupants and orient the new tenants to the property
• Manage issue-resolution related to proper operation of the buildings and its related parking lots
• Ensure the accuracy, completeness and distribution of the monthly statements and timely collection of
rents (in collaboration with the Accounting Department)
• Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints and concerns in a timely manner
• Maintain timely communications with tenants and in compliance with the expectation of the Director of
• Create and document Standard Operating Procedures, processes findings, etc.
• Ensure security of premises and maintain security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary
policies and procedures and responding to emergencies in a timely manner
• In Collaboration with our building Engineer, monitor and complete maintenance and repairs on a timely and
• Maintain building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs
• Coordinate with the parking operator for proper operation of the parking lots, and structures
• In Collaboration with our building Engineer and the OPS Team, Negotiate and manage contracts with
• Collecting and maintaining the compliant Certificate of Insurance from Vendors and Tenants as needed
• Implement preventative maintenance programs with our Building Engineer using the applications utilized by the Organization
• Promote and show properties to prospective tenants and arrange for moves as needed
• Ensure proper operations of the various leased properties including but not limited to compliance with the
lease terms, the rules and the regulations
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications,
maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing data and trends
• Ensure the security and integrity of all Local 721 and its affiliates data
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
• Certified Property Manager (CPM) is required
• Commercial real estate experience for a Class B building required
• Ability to understand terms of the leases for proper, timely and accurate enforcement of agreements,
policies and procedures
• Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
• Working knowledge of contracts and agreements
• Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal legislations and regulations
• Highly efficient teamwork style complemented by independent work habits
• Outstanding ability to simultaneously manage numerous demands through to completion, involving
voluminous details, often with quick turnaround
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize work with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows, fluency in importing, exporting and manipulating
files among the Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoys large, complex, fast-paced environments
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
• Customer service experience, either with tenants or with other departments of an organization
• May be required to work long hours, weekdays, weekends and even Holidays as needed, including some
evenings and weekend
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to inspire and motivate others
• Valid driver’s license, working automobile, valid auto insurance with minimum level of coverage required by
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary is commensurate based on experience.
• Fully paid benefit package including medical, dental, vision and a generous life insurance.
Mail, fax or e-mail a cover letter, detailed resume, two-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
Cathleen Garcia, Deputy Director of Human Resources SEIU Local 721 Suite 100
1545 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Fax: (213) 401-1787 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, your resume or cover letter must show how you meet each of the job requirements listed above.
SEIU Local 721 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. SEIU Local 721 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces zero tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.