Essential Voices Submission
There is no time to waste – frontline workers must be supported with much-needed funding NOW.
SEIU 721 members are speaking out via video to share their stories & demand more funding for the frontlines.
Essential workers are being threatened with layoffs, demotions and budget cuts – all while million-dollar companies are getting bailed out.
Submit your video and join in the fight for the critical jobs and services that our communities need now more than ever! #721VOICES
Your Message Makes a Difference
Check out these videos from other members for our Arizona Voter Campaign:
Best practices when sharing your story:
-It’s fine to use the front facing camera and just hold your phone vertically, no need to get fancy.
-Wipe off the lens with a cloth or tissue beforehand so the picture is clear.
-Make sure there’s some light in the room, so you don’t look like you’re in a cave.
-Pay close attention to your surroundings and record your video in a quiet place so we can hear your message clearly.
-Don’t worry about being too polished, be authentic.
RECORDING YOUR VIDEO
- Introduce yourself with your name, your job and that you’re an SEIU 721 Member
- Talk about the issue and why it’s important to you and your family
- Briefly describe your experiences/challenges working during COVID
- Answer one of the questions below
- Finish off your video with an enthusiastic “Protect All Workers!” or “Fund the Frontlines!”
- Fill out the form below and upload your video
- Sit back and be proud you’re speaking up and making your voice heard!
Answer one of the following questions in your video:
- How has the current administration’s lack of a Coronavirus recovery plan affected you personally?
- How does it feel to be an essential worker but be treated as if you’re expendable?
- How does it feel to know that Congress has given trillions to big businesses but has failed to invest in public sector workers like you?
- What happens to our community when there are holes in the safety net that public workers provide?
Be sure to let the video completely upload before hitting the submit button!