The SEIU 721 City of Port Hueneme Bargaining Team (above) met with city negotiators on Thursday, October 9, and reached a tentative agreement. Members voted to approve the new agreement by a wide margin on Monday, October 13.
“These improvements will help our families out immediately.”-SEIU Local 721 City of Port Hueneme Bargaining Team
This new one-year contract means more money in your paycheck. The win includes:
- Each member will see a one-time payment of $1,000 (date depends on when Board approves the agreement)
- Plan for Market Based Adjustments
- Health Benefits – An increase in family coverage and a new flexible spending account
- Increase to shoe reimbursement
- Increase in accrual of floating holiday hours
- Creation of a joint labor management committee
- Other wins include increase in industrial accident leave limit, more hours for annual leave and improvements in eyeglasses and education reimbursement.
The Agreement will now go to the Port Hueneme City Council where it will be voted on. That date has yet to be determined.
For questions, contact a bargaining team member or Lupe Montaño, SEIU 721 worksite organizer, at email@example.com.