We have 195 spots available because many of the original lottery winners did not purchase monthly passes through the Commuter Benefit Plan by the required deadline.
YOU QUALIFY IF YOU:
(1) DO NOT receive a $70 transportation allowance from the County
(2) DO NOT receive a student, senior, or disabled person discounted fare
(3) ARE a SEIU 721 Represented LA County Employee
(4) RIDESHARE via METRO, METROLINK, or FOOTHILL TRANSIT
(5) PURCHASE reoccurring MONTHLY PASSES
(6) MEET ALL OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA AND are already enrolled in the Commuter Benefit Plan or sign up for the appropriate monthly pass in the Commuter Benefit Plan before the maximum number of open spots are filled.
Contact Wageworks at 877-924-3967 to sign up for monthly passes for METRO, METROLINK, or FOOTHILL TRANSIT.
****PLEASE NOTE THAT WAGEWORKS WILL NOT KNOW ABOUT THE SUBSIDY–DO NOT ASK THEM. THAT SUBSIDY IS BEING ARRANGED VIA SEIU 721 AND LA COUNTY.
YOU PURCHASE YOUR MONTHLY PASS ON THE MODES OF RIDESHARING THAT QUALIFY AND THE $70 SUBSIDY WILL BE APPLIED TOWARDS REDUCING YOUR PAYROLL DEDUCTION EACH MONTH.
For example, you purchase a reoccurring 30-day monthly pass on Metro for $100. The County will charge $100 each month, but will at the same time apply the $70 subsidy so that $30 will be deducted pre-tax from your check. Post-tax a $3.74 administrative fee will come out that is charged by Wageworks to administer the program. That means that your total subsidy will be $66.26.
The subsidy will only be awarded to those that qualify and register for a monthly pass via Metro, Metrolink, or Foothill Transit through the CBP up until the total number of recipients reaches 475.
Please do not call the Union in order to register. The remaining spots will be awarded strictly by first-come, first-serve to those who qualify who sign up with the CBP with the proper monthly passes before the total of 475 people is reached.