After months of organizing and negotiations, SEIU 721 members at the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) delivered an impressive 99% Yes vote to ratify their first-ever union contract.
The ratification of their landmark agreement comes after months of bargaining and repeated actions by LAHSA members in order to secure a strong deal that uplifts their work, their families, and the vulnerable populations they serve.
Their fight shows just how much can be achieved when we stand together, with their new contract including significant gains that bolster the vital frontline services they provide, prioritizes employee retention, and secures union rights in the workplace:
- Salary Increases of Up to 14% Over the Life of the Contract
- Service Bonuses Worth Hundreds of Dollars
- Increased Maternity and Paternity Leave.
- Alternative Work Schedules
- “Just Cause” Protections Against Arbitrary Discipline
- Grievance and Binding Arbitration Procedures
- Union Steward Recognition
- A New Employee Relations Committee
- And More!
When we fight, we win!