Our SEIU 721 Bargaining Team met on Monday and Wednesday with Ventura County negotiators.
We presented our counter proposals and the County returned with theirs. While the County had improvements in some items, the County’s overall position remains disappointing when it comes to areas we have identified as our most important priorities. We expected Ventura County to make bigger strides.
The county has not proposed any takeaways. We started with 80 proposals and now we have 34 outstanding proposals.
Proposals where we have already have Tentative Agreements:
- Textbook and tuition reimbursement
- Improvement in Bereavement Leave
- Clarity on disciplinary procedures
- Improvement in license endorsement reimbursement
The County has acknowledged that they are in a healthy financial position, and we must continue turning up the heat to make sure our new contract uplifts our work and our families. We must continue our work in the field. Your participation is how we keep moving the needle in the right direction.
- We go back to the bargaining table on Monday, November 4th and we added an extra bargaining session on Wednesday, November 6th. Don’t forget to Purple Up and send photos to info@SEIU721.org. Let’s turn up the heat!
- Keep getting signatures on the Whatever It Takes cards. Here is the link to the ONLINE form: http://bit.ly/WIT19
- Support your Contract Action Team members and help set up a worksite meeting. Contact your worksite organizer.
- Get the latest alerts on your cellphone by texting SEIU to 31996.
For questions, contact a bargaining team member, your worksite organizer or Tri-Counties Coordinator Akemy Bon-Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org, (213) 446-4851.