SEIU 721 President Bob Schoonover Issues Statement On Impact of Coronavirus Outbreak on Frontline Healthcare Professionals and Other Public Employees
SEIU 721 has received reports of members’ concerns regarding exposure to the novel Coronavirus across the various city and county facilities that we represent. In this rapidly developing situation, public facilities must be prepared to prevent and contain the virus. Staying up-to-date on the latest CDC guidelines and recommendations from health experts is critical —and facilities must be proactive in their prevention and management practices.
Our union is actively working with employers to ensure facilities and worksites have the equipment and supplies they need, that workers are trained in the right protocols for their job and workplace, and that they are appropriately staffed.
Click here to read the rest of the Retirees Newsletter including these articles:
- L.A. County offers free and paid food delivery service
- New COVID-19 testing sites open
- Trails do’s and don’ts, planned beach re-opening and Project Roomkey Toolkit
- Happy Nurses Month to the amazing nurses serving LA County!
- Be sure to fill out the 2020 Census!
- Retirees learn and grow at monthly meetings
- Online information about your retirement account
- VCERA update
- It’s a thin line between love and hate for pubic sector workers.
- COVID-19 Q&A: Is my pension safe?
- LACERA Board of Investment update
- Did you know pensions help stabilize the markets and benefit all investors?
- Five mistakes to avoid with your deferred comp account
- Schools and Communities First
- CalPERS, COVID-19 and the market turmoil
- Remembering the SEIU Retirees Holiday Party