City of Oxnard
As COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on the health of our community and on city finances, SEIU 721 members are doing their best to help the city and to avoid layoffs. In our latest negotiations, our bargaining team agreed to the following changes.
* City’s Deferred Compensation contribution (1%) suspended from July 11 2020 and will resume on January 9 2021.
* On health insurance, the City will delay the additional $274.55 contribution for each tier of the plan until first full period of July 2021.
* The City will make an additional $274.54 contribution for each tier of the plan effective first full pay period of January 2022.
* The City will increase the waive amount to $1068.46 effective first full pay period of July 2021.
* The City will increase the waive amount to $1243.00 effective first full pay period of January 2022.
The above changes depend on the City’s financial status. If the City receives financial assistance from the State of California or the Federal Government then these changes could be unfrozen.
SEIU 721 members are also stepping up by supporting Measure E to bring more money into the City to help secure city services.