LA County members: Our union is happy to announce that the LA County Rideshare Transit Subsidy program is back! Members of our union may be eligible for a $70 monthly transit subsidy – but certain criteria must be met:
- You must be a full-time employee of LA County.
- You must be a member of SEIU 721.
- You must be enrolled in the Commuter Benefit Plan (a program administered by WageWorks).
- You must spend at least $70 monthly on transit passes – it can be for one transit pass or the total sum of multiple passes.
- If you use a WageWorks commuter card, you must spend at least $70 on monthly passes.
- You must NOT receive the Civic Center Transportation Allowance.
- You must NOT be enrolled in the Van Pool Program.
Don’t wait! You must enroll by November 9, 2020 in order to receive the $70 per month subsidy starting in January of 2021.
Subsidies will be awarded on a first come, first served basis for new enrollees to the Commuter Benefit Plan. (Those already qualifying for the Commuter Benefit Plan as of October 9, 2020 do not need to take any action and will see the $70 per month subsidy resume automatically in December.)
Funds for the LA County Rideshare Transit Subsidy Program are limited – so subsidies will be disbursed to qualifying members until funds from this program are depleted. Take advantage of while it lasts!
And to learn more – click here to read the official letter between our union President Bob Schoonover and the LA County CEO’s office. It contains more specific information about ways you can maximize this fantastic opportunity!