We are pleased to announce that our Bargaining Team has reached a Tentative Agreement with the City of Riverside.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic economic fallout ravaging local budgets throughout California — we protected what’s ours! We were able to push the City to agree to a status quo 1-year deal, which is what our Bargaining Team was after from the get-go in this economic reality.
Our current medical premium sharing system was maintained and there was no salary reductions. This is a big win. You stood #UnionStrong to fight tooth and nail to protect what we have.
Please RSVP to attend the **General Membership meeting via Zoom on Nov 30th at 6PM to get all the information you need from your Bargaining Team, and have your questions answered: RSVP here https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rcOmrrTksEtexlyivWX_KELps_5Rv1sLb
**Online voting begins on Monday, November 30th at 7PM and will last through Friday, December 4th at 5PM.
**ONLY UNION MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING WILL BE ABLE TO VOTE AND ATTEND THE ZOOM MEETING
- One-year term, ending June 30, 2021
- No salary increase, but protected “me too” provisions
- Current medical premium sharing system maintained
- Reduction for Kaiser in 2021
- Specific deadlines for classification study
- Salary data as of July 1, 2020
- City to finish review by December 31, 2020
- Meet with Union within 30 days
- Mutual agreement on changes and no-harm provisions maintained
- Employee election for Comp. Time
- Sunsets at end of contract
- Standby conversion capped at 18 hours
- Confirm current practices
- Dispatcher/Waste Water Holiday scheduling
- Emergency Medical Dispatching certificate pay
- Language clean-up/updates
- Legal updates for dues and new employee orientation
- Laid off employees treated as internal candidates for recruitment for 18 months
- Typos & old/outdated provisions
- All other terms remain the same