Clergy, Activists, and Community Groups to Hold Funeral Car Procession and Memorial Service for George Floyd
(Los Angeles, CA) Joined by interfaith leaders, labor, people of color, immigrants, community members, and victims of police brutality, Black Lives Matter-LA is set to hold a memorial service in Downtown Los Angeles on Monday, June 8, honoring George Floyd and demanding justice for those killed by the hands of the police.
Thousands are expected to attend the memorial services consisting of four funeral processions beginning in South Los Angeles, Long Beach, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley. The processions will converge in Downtown Los Angeles at the crossing of 1st St and Broadway Blvd.
WHAT: Funeral Processions & Memorial Service in Honor of George Floyd
WHEN: Monday, June 8, 2020 (See information below for times.)
Rally & Memorial Service
- Intersection of W. 1st St. & Broadway Blvd., Los Angeles
- 12pm program
Funeral Car Processions
- South LA
- Leimert Park: W. 43rd Pl. & Degnan Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008
- 9:00am meetup
- San Fernando Valley
- Reseda Church of Christ: 7806 Reseda Blvd., CA 91335
- 8:00 am meetup
- Long Beach
- CSULB Pyramid: 1250 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90840
- 8:00am meetup
- Orange County
- 550 N. Flower Street, Santa Ana, 92703
- 8:00am meetup
WHO: Members of clergy, Black Lives Matters – LA, and various community groups.
- Massive crowds with signs and banners.
- 4 funeral processions converging in Downtown LA.
- Each procession will be led by a funeral hearse.
- Hundreds of cars scheduled for each procession.
George Floyd’s death at the hands of four police officers in Minneapolis, Minnesota last week has sparked outrage across the nation leading to protests in every state and in hundreds of cities. His death has shaken the consciousness of America, exposing the institutionalized evils of racism and horrors of police violence.
This event is organized by Black Lives Matter-LA, Clergy & Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE), and Newsong.
Guillermo Torres, email@example.com, (323) 228-2753 (Los Angeles)
Benjamin Juarez, firstname.lastname@example.org, (714) 472-0625 (Orange County)
Dawn Modkins, email@example.com (Long Beach)
Rev. James Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 323-459-7636 (San Fernando Valley)