In accordance with our SEIU Local 721 by-laws, it is my honor as your President, to submit this report to you on our Union’s activities. To read the full report, please use this link.
Our top story this month is the victory by San Bernardino Professionals, a textbook example of how member leadership can use the “Power of Purple” — our union’s deep resources; our experienced negotiators; our skilled team of attorneys, researchers, and communications experts; and our relationships with community, clergy, and political leaders — to win game-changing wins at the bargaining table.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OTHER RECENT CAMPAIGNS & VICTORIES:
- Partnering to Win – How real Labor-management partnership is Transforming L.A. County Healthcare
- Roadmap to Child Safety – L.A. County Social Workers huddle to plan fight for child safety
- Frontline DPSS workers win action on grievances
- LAPD Crime Lab Technicians win a schedule change after a 14-year fight
- Hillary Clinton meets with SEIU 721 victims of San Bernardino attack
- Involving LADOT workers in planning creates a happier 4th of July for families
- SEIU 721 celebrates Juneteenth
- SEIU 721 helps win new Animal Control hires in the City of L.A.
- SEIU delivers a promotion for Santa Ana Planner unfairly passed over
- Court workers call for equal access to justice
- Tri-Counties Workers Win Resources through Political Action
- Representational victory of the month: Jean Bassette, Van Nuys General Services Dept.
Click here to read more about these wins and more in the President’s Report.
SEIU 721 President