In accordance with our SEIU Local 721 by-laws, it is my honor as your President, to submit this report to you on our Union’s activities. To read the full report, please use this link.
On August 31st, SEIU 721 partnered with L.A. County to host the second countywide Los Angeles Health Agency Town Hall with the newly created Los Angeles Health Partnership. The L.A. Health Partnership brings together L.A. County’s newly integrated health agencies, doctors, interns, residents and employee organizations to develop a plan for transforming healthcare in L.A. County.
I was very skeptical at first. We are a labor organization. “Kicking ass for the working class” is in our blood. But so far, the partnership is helping us reach our goal of becoming the provider of choice in L.A. County.
Read the rest of this month’s President’s Report to find out how and why this partnership is helping us reach our goals.
Also in this President’s Report:
- Together, We Win! From the bargaining table to the ballot. SEIU 721 members all over Southern California are headed to the negotiating table with the goal of raising up their communities.
- Bargaining Across the Local – Ventura Superior Courts, Otis College of Art and Design, City of Riverside, Santa Barbara County
- Raise Up Riverside County!
- SEIU 721 Kick off #TOGETHERWEWIN
- SEIU Retiree Rose Rodman Quote of the Month
- SEIU Local 721 Latino Caucus’ Latino Heritage Month Celebration
- L.A. LGBT Center Workers Rally
- Harbor Regional Center Case Workers rally for release of special needs dollars
- Advocates score worksite wins for members
- SEIU Assembly and Family Fun Day
- L.A. County Children’s Social Workers lay out roadmap
- City of Riverside and “I heart Riverside” rallies
- Ventura County members are all in to Lift Up Ventura County