We have great news!
Our SEIU 721 Bargaining Team has reached a tentative agreement with LAHSA on a contract that runs through June 30, 2023.
For months, LAHSA SEIU 721 members spoke out to our elected leaders, they put the pressure on LAHSA Commissioners, and even took the fight directly to 707 Wilshire Blvd to let management know — LAHSA must value our work.
The tenacity paid off. You won 6% in guaranteed general pay raises over the life of the contract, a $1,300 bonus, and other victories that will make major strides in this critical work sector.
Online voting will be available here at LAHSA Voting Center on Monday, March 7th at 9AM and will end on Friday, March 18th at 5PM.
What are we voting on?
We’re voting on our 2021-2023 Union Contract Tentative Agreement with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA).
WHAT DID WE WIN?
We won across-the-board 6% raises, a $1,300 lump sum bonus by October 30th, and two new paid holidays. In addition, we won a continuation of the service bonus of $500 for each 5 years of service, and new contract language protecting pay and benefits and requiring negotiations with the Union over the compensation study results.
Here are additional highlights in the new contract:
- Establishment of a Joint Labor Management Mental Health Committee — JLM Committee to meet regularly to address mental health issues and resources for employees.
- New Uniforms and Boots — New language requiring annual and replacement uniforms and boots (where required). $120 reimbursement if replacement boots are not timely provided.
- Overtime — New language creating an overtime volunteer list and use of seniority for overtime assignments.
- New Discipline and Discharge Article — Provides a just cause requirement, progressive discipline and right to Union representation.
- Work Schedules — Clarification that regular schedules include five consecutive work days and two consecutive days off.
For the full break down, download the 2021-2023 Union Contract Tentative Agreement Summary.
CAN I VOTE IN PERSON?
We mentioned that there would be in person voting opportunities within the next couple of days.
The schedule is as follows:
3/10 – 707 Wilshire Blvd. – Auditorium — 12pm to 2pm
3/16 – 637 Wilshire Blvd. – Commission Room — 11am to 1pm
3/17 – 637 Wilshire Blvd. – Commission Room — 12pm to 2pm
What do I need to vote?
Only SEIU 721 members in good standing can vote. To update your membership status, visit https://www.seiu721.org/welcome.php
You will need your Employee ID #, which you can find on your paystub at the top right hand corner. It’s the 4-digit number underneath “File.” If you any issues or questions, contact email@example.com