The SEIU 721 Retirees Committee monthly meetings continue to provide valuable information to improve the quality of daily living retired members.
Thanks to the leadership of Chair Charley Mims and Meeting Convener Deborah Thomas, a range of speakers have addressed the gathering via Zoom.
In March, John Heath of Our Neighborhood Voices provided an update of local and state legislation affecting communities in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
He also invited retirees to participate in the efforts of his organization to persuade elected officials to consult with community leaders and homeowners before passing bills that impact our neighborhoods.
Dystanie Flores of the California Department of Insurance was the guest speaker at the May meeting. She shared tips to help seniors avoid fraud.
- Barbara Calhoun elected to California Community College Trustees Board
- A message from the Leadership Team
- Beware deceptive friend requests
- In Memoriam – Retirees Committee members we lost in 2021
- Health Sub-Committee offers home safety checklist for seniors