LA County Court Reporter Headquarters
Become a Court Reporter today!
Earn the income of a Registered Nurse without setting foot in a hospital!
Our labor union – SEIU Local 721 – represents thousands of Court Reporters in Courts throughout Southern California, including the LA Superior Court.
We fought hard for additional State dollars to recruit and retain Court Reporters. At the LA Superior Court, these include:
- A Signing Bonus of $20,000 for New Hires ($10K after the first pay period, $5K after the one-year anniversary, $5K after the two-year anniversary)
- A Retention Bonus of $17,500 ($2.5K if still employed full-time as of May 2023, $5K if still employed full-time as of May 2024, $10K if still employed full-time as of May 2025)
- A Finder’s Fee of $15,000 for any Court employee who refers a Court Reporter candidate ($5K after orientation, $5K after the six-month anniversary, $5K after the one-year anniversary)
- A Retention Bonus of $10,000 for Employees with 25+ Years ($2.5K each quarter for one year)
- A Student Loan and Equipment Allowance of up to $27,500 ($7.5K initial payment and $5K each year for four years after that)
- A Floater Bonus (5% per pay period for Court Reporters specifically assigned to the Floater Pool)
Compensation for Court Reporters is akin to that of RNs at local LA County hospitals for good reason. Court Reporters play a vital part of our justice system by ensuring accurate transcripts for all Court litigants – as well as journalists, historians and many others who eventually come to rely on this critical documentation.
So, don’t delay. Apply here!
Good luck to everyone … and, together, we win!
June 28, 2022
Legislation – SB 154, California State Legislature
Section 30 of SB 154 added language specifying that funds previously allocated toward hiring Court Reporters that those dollars also could be used to recruit and retain.
September 24, 2021
Legislation – SB 170, California State Legislature
Section 30 of SB 170 allocated $30 million for Court Reporters statewide to be hired in Family Law and Civil Law.