Since the announcement last year that DHS was planning to remove metal detectors at DHS facilities, SEIU 721 made safety and security for patients, staff and visitors a top priority at DHS and statewide. Read the joint letter here.
We Are Making Progress:
- Dr. Katz committed DHS to work closely with SEIU 721 to develop a safety and security plan at every facility across DHS.
- Safety and Security workgroup teams will be developed to give front line staff a voice.
- SEIU 721 has also been working with SEIU’s Nurse Alliance of California to develop workplace violence regulatory language that Cal OSHA can enforce.
- The Workplace Violence Prevention Campaign will address safety issues covering all healthcare workers across the state.
Next Steps: Get Involved
• Contact your union steward and or worksite organizer directly.• Call the SEIU Local 721’s Member Connection at (877) 721-4968• Email us at: SEIUSafetySecurity@ seiu721.org
Click here are print a copy of the flyer and share this information with your co-workers.