RSVP here to join us on a special humanitarian mission. We’re headed to the US-Mexico border once again – calling on our Union’s healthcare professionals to provide emergency first aid to vulnerable children and families, who are bearing the brunt of forces well beyond their control.
Immigration First Aid Care-A-Van
Sat., Aug. 17, 2019
SEIU 721 Headquarters
1545 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Start Time: Meet at HQ (lobby) at 4 A.M.
End Time: Return to HQ between 8-11 P.M.
We are the safety net. As LA County healthcare professionals – every day – we do what it takes to make people healthy, sometimes people in extremely dire need.
But we are more than employees. We are people – and we recognize suffering by fellow humans when we see it. As healthcare providers, we know there is too much needless anguish taking place at the US-Mexico border now for us to simply ignore it.
As our very own SEIU 721 Secretary Lillian Cabral has reminded us, many of these same suffering families eventually become our neighbors and our future patients in LA County’s healthcare network. Restoring them to basic good health now is in everyone’s interest.
- Dress in your 721 gear and/or your smocks.
- It will be sunny so you may wish to bring a hat.
- Our Union will provide all participants with breakfast, lunch, dinner and plenty of water.
- If you have special dietary restrictions, let us know when you RSVP and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Unless you have a special international phone plan, we recommend keeping your cell phone off once we cross the US-Mexico border.
- Our Union will validate parking as long as you park in the SEIU 721 Headquarters parking lot.
We look forward showing everyone – at the US-Mexico border, and beyond – what good works are possible when transcend our differences and work together.
Together, we win and together, we rise.