WE HAVE A TENTATIVE AGREEMENT!
Your bargaining team is proud to announce that, after months of hard-fought negotiating, we have reached a Tentative Agreement (TA) that keeps the public sector strong while raising standards for working people who make San Bernardino run.
Here are some of the big TA highlights:
- Our new contract expires on July 31, 2024.
- We’ll get Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) increases – 3%, 3%, 3%, 2% for a total of 11% through the life of the contract.
- Our STEP advances have been increased to 5% per year and will be paid out at 2.5% every six months.
- We’ll get two additional STEP increases across-the-board – with the first STEP taking effect in July of 2020 and the second STEP taking effect in July of 2022. For non-trainee positions only.
- SSP positions are getting restructured.
- The contract will include equity adjustments for some classifications effective in September of 2020.
- We’ll also get MPS increases.
- And the contract includes an additional $100 tuition reimbursement (for a total of $500) for all members, with additional tuition reimbursement for Psychiatric!
More TA details will be available soon through an official TA summary – and all members in the San Bernardino region will have the opportunity to review it and cast their vote. Be the first to know by texting SEIU to 31996.
Together, we win!