WE HAVE A TENTATIVE AGREEMENT!
Your bargaining team is proud to announce that, after months of hard-fought negotiating, we have reached a Tentative Agreement (TA) that keeps the public sector strong while raising standards for working people who make San Bernardino run.
Here are some of the big TA highlights:
- Our new contract expires on July 31, 2024.
- We’ll get Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) increases – 3%, 3%, 3%, 2% for a total of 11% through the life of the contract.
- Our STEP advances have been increased to 5% per year and will be paid out at 2.5% every six months.
- We’ll get two additional STEP increases across-the-board – with the first STEP taking effect in July of 2020 and the second STEP taking effect in July of 2022. For non-trainee positions only.
- SSP positions are getting restructured.
- The contract will include equity adjustments for some classifications effective in September of 2020.
- We’ll also get MPS increases.
- And the contract includes an additional $100 tuition reimbursement (for a total of $500) for all members, with additional tuition reimbursement for Psychiatric!
More TA details will be available soon through an official TA summary – and all members in the San Bernardino region will have the opportunity to review it and cast their vote. Be the first to know by texting SEIU to 31996.
Together, we win!
And is this still going to be retro’d to July 2019 like we were told in the last meeting?
SSP’s positions are getting restructured in what way? To benefit those on the Bargaining Team or SSP’s who have more than 20 years experience with a Master Degree other than a MSW that was not accepted in the last Bargaining Agreement?
SBY pay $3.50 per hour. Good Job! No 1 1/2 X pay for overtime (over 40 hours) Good job! Not for SSP’s, just for Clinical Therapists. Clearly unfair representation. Union brothers and sisters sticking together…..please. No longer need Masters degree for SSP V. So much for sacrifice, hard work, drive and money spent to better yourself and your family. No respect for that! just hand away undeserved titles. You get out of life what you put into it no longer applies to the entitled generation. Once again, clearly unfair representation. Horrible union. Less than mediocre contract. Go ahead and raise… Read more »