Don’t forget! If you’re a member of SEIU 721 working out of Riverside County, you’ll soon be covered through a new CalPERS medical plan – and the special open enrollment period begins next week. It starts on March 30 and runs through April 17, 2020.
How you enroll:
- This year, all enrollment will be done online through this Employee Self-Service Portal: https://rc-hr.com/SEIU-721-Benefits
- A special Open Enrollment newsletter was mailed to all Riverside County members last week. It contains details on your new CalPERS medical plan enrollment process.
- If you need more information on your plan or have questions that need answering, call (951) 955-4981. Be sure to press Option 1.
- All CalPERS medical plan elections take effect on July 1, 2020.
Our Union secured some big wins with this new CalPERS medical plan that could mean more money in your wallet!
- WAIVER BENEFIT: If you can demonstrate that you have coverage through another plan, you may be eligible for a “waiver benefit” of $465 if you were hired before November 11, 2004 – or $200 if you were hired on or after that date. See the “Paying for Coverage” section of your Open Enrollment newsletter for more details.
- ADDITIONAL SUBSIDY: The new plan also has additional an additional subsidy for you and your family! Riverside County already will contribute the Standard Flex Benefit of $823 per month. But if your plan covers you and one dependent, you’ll get an additional subsidy of $50 per month – and if your plan covers your family, it’s $200 per month.
- LOWER COSTS: If you live outside of your work region, you have the flexibility to select your primary care provider from either your work region or your home region – which could save you unnecessary out-of-pocket costs since rates may be lower. Check the details of your Open Enrollment newsletter to examine all your options.
Especially during times like these when protecting public health is more paramount than ever, it’s vital to make sure the personal health of ourselves and our loved ones is also protected. Mark your calendars and don’t forget to enroll.
Together, we rise.