As you know SEIU members and other service sector workers are coming together across the country in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to call on elected officials and corporate and industry leaders to #ProtectAllWorkers by ensuring the health, safety and financial security of ALL working people.
Times of national emergency require us all to move beyond business as usual. We must come together as a nation and demand that our elected representatives at all levels act with urgency to protect all workers, no matter their race or where they are from.
Today we are asking all SEIU 721 members to join in solidarity and take just a couple of minutes to help protect ALL workers.
Call your Senators at 1-877-267-5060 and demand they #ProtectAllWorkers
* This hotline number includes English and Spanish options.
Tell them we need them to:
- Provide full paid sick leave and emergency family medical leave assistance and unemployment insurance for ALL working people, including health care providers, regardless of employer size.
- Put all workers at the center of any industry relief, including the contract workers who clean and protect our nation’s airports. Any money to big corporations must prioritize healthcare and financial support for workers over executive pay, shareholders or profits.
- Make sure our healthcare staff on the frontlines of this pandemic are fully supported in their jobs. This must include a coordinated and swift approach to manufacturing and distribution of supplies at impacted worksites.
- Provides economic security for every person no matter what they look like, where they’re from or what they do for a living. Legislation must be passed to expand unemployment insurance for franchisee employees, contracted workers, and tipped workers at $15 per hour and $2,000 per person with additional installments in direct cash relief.
- Support states by fully funding COVID-19 testing and treatment for all people in our country regardless of their citizenship status.
As an SEIU Local 721 family, we must support each other now more than ever. Many of our brothers and sisters are at the frontlines of this crisis and they need our support today. Make the call, let leaders know that workers across the U.S. are standing strong together- even when we can’t be physically together.
721 Action Team