The Non-Congregate Sheltering for California Healthcare Workers Program provides hotel rooms to frontline health care workers who are exposed to or test positive for COVID-19. By providing hotel rooms in close proximity to medical facilities, health care workers avoid potentially spreading the virus once leaving the shift by selecting to stay at pre-identified hotel rooms that are provided at no charge or at a discounted rate.
This Program is also available for health care workers hired through the California Health Corps.
To be eligible to participate in this Program, participants must:
- Work at a health care facility in California
- Have possible exposure to patients or individuals who may have COVID-19 documented by a state or county public health official or medical professional
- Not have the ability to self-isolate or quarantine at home
HOW TO BOOK A ROOM
Call the CalTravelStore at (877) 454-8785
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- County of employment
- Medical facility of employment
- Job title
At check-in, participants will need to provide:
- A personal credit card for any incidentals
- Employee identification
Room reservations will be provided based on proximity and availability.
Learn More about COVID-19 Response: https://covid19.ca.gov/