This global pandemic is challenging our social structures to the maximum, exposing the pre-existing conditions of our society – lack of health resources and economic resources for the most vulnerable in our communities. And our city and county workers are on the frontlines putting themselves in harm’s way risking life and death not just for themselves but for their families and neighbors.
The Heroes Act has the ability to make a lasting impact on our social infrastructure and fight to protect all workers, but we need you to HOLD THE LINE and fight.
When you call your Senator – either Senator Harris or Senator Feinstein – you must demand that they fight for state and local funding.
Here are instructions on how to make your call:
- Phone Congress
(844) 967-2163, Press 1
- Enter your residence ZIP CODE where you live
- You will automatically be connected to your Senator’s office, or you may hit star (*) to move to the next office.
- You will talk with a staff member or be asked to leave a message:
- Hi, my name is FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, and I work at ____________________.
- I’m calling you, Senator (NAME), because I know you support the HEROES Act. Thank you for that. But I’m asking you to fight like never before and hold the line on state and local funding. Don’t let the Senate water down vital funding for our communities and public services.
- My colleagues and I are making great sacrifices to battle the coronavirus pandemic, but we need you to do your part to ensure that the HEROES Act passes and so I can continue _______(state what you do)__________________.
- Thank you.
We must fight for investment in public services that allows us to build a stronger, more inclusive social infrastructure that supports and serves all of us. We must fight for government for all.
Tell the Senate to #ProtectAllWorkers now by putting working people first, with no blank checks for corporations!