With an overwhelming 94% YES vote, LA County members just approved a new three-year contract – securing the biggest one-year raise in LA County history and the largest one-year salary increases since 2006.
This hard-fought victory is thanks to our on-the-ground organizing and on-the-street action over the last 18 months. It paid off!
We, the members of SEIU 721, are the frontline of LA County – and we bargained hard for a contract that rewards us for the work we do.
It includes a 12% raise over the life of our three-year contract, with:
- A 5.5% raise AND a $1,375 bonus in 2022
- A 3.25% raise in 2023
- Another 3.25% raise in 2024
Our new contract also features:
- Up to $195/month to cover projected medical premium cost increases
- $100-$375/month for childcare and elder care costs
- Extra dollars for life insurance, public transit subsidies and more
- A commitment from the county to expand telework opportunities, with reimbursements for required expenses
Next steps: The LA County Board of Supervisors must vote to formally approve this new contract. That should take place in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, stay #UnionStrong and stay connected to our union. Together, we win!