This is a friendly reminder to our union’s LA County members: Another pay raise kicks in during the month of October. And it’s thanks to our union power, which formed the backbone of our bargaining strength during contract negotiations.
A refresher: Last year, our union negotiated with LA County for a new, three-year contract. Among other victories, we secured a 12% raise – the biggest raise in LA County history.
Our 12% pay raise schedule is as follows:
- 5.5% (plus $1,275 bonus) in 2022
- 3.25% in 2023 – IN OCTOBER
- 3.25% in 2024
These are the largest one-year salary increases since 2006.
We can expect to see the 3.25% raise for 2023 reflected on our Oct. 30 paychecks. Here’s why:
- At LA County, we get paid on the 15th and the 30th of each month.
- When we receive our Oct. 15 paycheck, that’s our payment for the last half of September.
- When we receive our Oct. 30 paycheck, that’s our payment for the first half of October – and since our pay raise technically goes into effect on Oct. 1, it gets reflected in our Oct. 30 paycheck.
So, be sure to check your Oct. 30 paycheck!
And never forget: It was our union power that got us this raise. We put the raise on the top of our agenda at our CAT meetings. We showed management that we meant business at our Unity Breaks. We packed the streets during our massive march on the Board of Supervisors to demand that they respect us, protect us and pay us. We did this together – we, the members of SEIU 721.
Remember this during the month of October and stay #UnionStrong!