Congratulations, our solidarity and participation over the past several months has paid off! The Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously on Dec. 6th to approve a successor Memorandum of Understanding with SEIU 721 that will help strengthen Santa Barbara County!
Our unity and participation is the foundation for a strong contract. The actions you took over the past months like Purpling Up and participating in unity breaks made the difference!
Santa Barbara County members voted overwhelmingly, by over 94%, to ratify a three-year Tentative Agreement that Strengthens Santa Barbara County!
The Board of Supervisors is scheduled to vote on the Tentative Agreement on December 6th.
Tentative Agreement Highlights
- Term: Three years. Expires 6/30/2019
- 1.8% salary increase for all represented employees as soon is ratified and Approved by the Board of Supervisors
- A 5% increase for Public Defender Investigators and Probation Assistants.
- 3% salary increase for all represented employees on 7/3/2017
- 3% salary increase for all represented employees on 7/2/2018
- One-time cash payment to all represented employees of $200
- Increase in Textbook and tuition reimbursement.
- Re-opener on pension contribution after September 2017.
For questions, contact your bargaining team or Worksite Organizer Wendy Basgall at email@example.com, (805) 651-8868 or Chief Negotiator Aram Agdaian at firstname.lastname@example.org, (213) 494-8223.