We did it! Our bargaining team reached a Tentative Agreement on a strong three year contract that protects our County and the key services our communities depend on.
- 8% salary increases over the term of the contract for PEPRA Employees
- 5.5% salary increase over the term of the contract for Classic Employees
Your bargaining team strongly recommends a YES vote.
Voting times and locations:
Tuesday, April 24, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Carmen Lane, 304 Carmen Ln, Santa Maria
Conference Room B
Tuesday, April 24, 12 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Betteravia, 2125 Centerpointe Pkwy, Santa Maria
Garey Rm, 2nd Floor
Wednesday, April 25, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
WRC, 1444 S. Broadway, Santa Maria
Wednesday, April 25, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
BSC, 1318 S. Broadway, Santa Maria
Thursday, April 26, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Lompoc, 1100 W. Laurel, Lompoc
Thursday, April 26, 12 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
234 Camino del Remedio, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Conference Room
Vote Count at Camino del Remedio just after 2 p.m.
Tentative Agreement Summary
Classic Employees (hired before 1/1/2013) will pick up an additional portion of the Retirement “Normal Cost”/Retirement COLA contribution. There will be a salary increase that covers the additional contribution and yields a net salary increase. The changes per year are:
- 1.5% of pensionable income effective with FY 2018-19 salary increase (3.0% effective July 2, 2018). Net salary increase of 1.5%.
- .5% of pensionable income effective July 2019, with 2.5%-unit wide wage increase. Net salary increase of 2%.
- .5% of pensionable income effective July 2020, with 2.5%-unit wide wage increase. Net salary increase of 2%.
Wage increases for PEPRA Employees (hired after 1/1/2013) *:
- 3.0% wage increase effective July 2, 2018
- 2.5% wage increase effective July, 2019
- 2.5% wage increase effective July, 2020
>Contract extension to end of June 2021 (end of pay period 2020-14-June 27th)
>New “Maintenance of Membership” Language
>Minor language clean up
* Only for Retirement Plan 8 employees
Frequently Asked Questions
“Why should Classic Employees be good with this Tentative Agreement?”
Answer: The County’s initial proposal was for all classic employees to start contributing their share. So, it would have been 3.0% reduction on your take home money with no salary increase of any kind in return. Now you’re going to see a 5.5% salary increase over the term of the contract. So, this is a solid agreement for even “classic” employees.
“Who is a “Classic” Employee and who is a “PEPRA” employee?”
Answer: This is a good question. Classic employees are those who were hired before 1/1/2013. However, in terms of this TA, members who were hired after 1/1/2013 but were in a previous reciprocal pension system like CalPERS, are also grouped in this larger bucket. If you are not in the Retirement Plan 8 then you are grouped here. You can tell if you are in Retirement Plan 8 from your paycheck. It will tell you which plan you are in.
A “PEPRA” employee is anyone who was hired after 1/1/2013 who is in Retirement Plan 8. Once again, you can tell if you are Plan 8 from your paycheck stub.