After hard-fought contract negotiations, we beat back City management’s proposed takeaways to reach a Tentative Agreement on a 3-year contract!
For months, the Mayor and his team were hell-bent on going after our healthcare, but we stopped them in their tracks. We not only protected our healthcare, we also ensured that every single City worker has fully-paid medical and dental coverage.
On top of that, we won 9.65% in raises over the life of the 3-year contract, including a continuance of our 12-step salary structure which the City was going after.
Our collective strength as union workers ready to Fix LA made this happen!
So what’s next? Make sure your union membership is up to date so you can vote on this contract starting on April 15th!
Tentative Agreement Highlights
- 9.65% in raises over the life of the contract for every worker
- We maintained the 12-step salary structure
- We fought off city proposal for members to pay 10% of their health insurance premiums, which means we protected 100% of the cost of health care at the Kaiser Family rate
- We enhanced Family Leave
- We protected our overtime pay
- We put the clamps on outsourcing