Even though LA County’s COVID-19 contagion rates are surging again, numerous LA County department heads are already directing employees to return to work on-site. It’s outrageous!
So at today’s official meeting of the LA County Board of Supervisors, our union delivered official correspondence demanding that – until vaccinations are widely available – all but the most critical employees should work from home.
As we learned this past Spring, we only got PPE and worksite flexibility because we insisted on it through our union. That’s what it will take this time around, too.
And this pandemic is not over. LA County COVID-19 cases are shattering previous records:
- LA County reported 13,815 new cases this past Saturday alone.
- 80 people in LA County died of COVID-19 this past weekend.
- Over 12,000 new cases are being reported in LA County every day, with a nearly 12% testing positivity rate.
- The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients continues to climb and has now surpassed 4,000 in LA County.
- There are only 56 available ICU beds in all of LA County and none in Orange County.
As essential workers, we’re doing all we can to stay safe during the pandemic. LA County bosses should do the same.
Don’t wait: Sign on and stand up.
Let the LA County Board of Supervisors know we’re ready to fight for protect our health and the public we serve – because when we fight, we win!