We, the frontline of LA County, are scheduled to get our hard-earned bonuses on July 29!
It’s a sweet win on top of a huge contract victory, which LA County members ratified with a resounding 94% YES vote last week.
Our new agreement includes a 12% raise over the life of our three-year contract, featuring:
- A 5.5% raise AND a $1,375 bonus in 2022
- A 3.25% raise in 2023
- Another 3.25% raise in 2024
(Please note: All compensation, whether it is a bonus or an ongoing percentage increase, is subject to taxation. Neither the union nor the county have any control over tax rates.)
Our contract also comes with:
- Up to $195/month to cover projected medical premium cost increases
- $100-$375/month for childcare and elder care costs
- Extra dollars for life insurance, public transit subsidies and more
- A commitment from the county to expand telework opportunities, with reimbursements for required expenses
Now, our bonuses will arrive on July 29!
“At SEIU 721, we like to say that when we fight, we win, and our latest contract proves how true this is,” said SEIU 721 President David Green. “Our union fought hard for these bonuses. We insisted that we be appreciated for our hard work, especially during this pandemic. Now, we’re getting them.”
During contract negotiations, our union also secured stronger protections against privatization of good union jobs. It’s an important victory. We secured our strong, new contract because of our strong union power. Any attempt to undermine our union will be met with strong resistance.
“Here’s the bottom line – we know the union is on our side because it’s the union fighting for our bottom line during contract bargaining, when it matters most,” said SEIU 721 Secretary Lillian Cabral. “Let’s remember this fact when we get our bonuses on July 29!”