CHS/LASD CAT Team Meeting on May 18 - RSVP Here
Just fill out the info below and we'll send you a Zoom link prior to the meeting.
ATTENTION: CHS/LASD UNION MEMBERS
As you know, LA County is implementing a temporary 20% bonus to some members in Correction Health Services and NO MEMBERS in the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department after the federal court demanded that they address the dire issues in the LA County jail system. In fact, the county faces contempt charges from a federal judge.
Your CHS/LASD Union Bargaining Team has demanded that the county negotiate with us to INCREASE this 20% bonus to ALL CHS and LASD employees who work to deliver jail health services to inmates.
- LA County’s one-time, temporary bonus does not address recruitment and retention. There is no way people will come to work here knowing that their salary can be reduced by 20% at any time.
- LA County’s one-time, temporary bonus only covers some members in CHS and NO MEMBERS in LASD. We work together side-by-side as ONE TEAM to ensure the work gets done.
- LA County’s one-time, temporary bonus does not address the health and safety issues that we have been raising for years. This is a band-aid that we believe will not defer the legal jeopardy of the county by the US Department of Justice.
UNION MEMBERS ARE TAKING ACTION
Your CHS/LASD Union Member Negotiations Team is in negotiations with the county. We are fighting for more – and we are fighting for ALL to receive a PERMANENT 20% bonus!
- We have proposed making the salary increases permanent partly to help with recruitment and retention of employees. If our workforce knows their money will stay, they will be willing to stay and fight for the other safety issues.
- We have proposed that the bonus covers all CHS and LASD employees who work with us to deliver care, to clean and to fix problems in the department. We believe every one of us are facing the same dire, unsafe situations and we are all working equally hard to serve our community.
We have notified the county that the safety and health of our CHS and LASD members must be addressed.
OUR NEXT ACTION STEP
Our next bargaining session is on Wed., May 17, where we will demand that our commonsense proposals be adopted to start addressing the many issues we have!
WHAT CAN I DO?
Glad you asked! Come down to the Union Table on Tues., May 16 for updates and more info. Purple Up and Sticker Up! Wear PURPLE and your STICKERS on Wed., May 17. Join the union action!
Join your fellow CHS and LASD Union Members at our next Contract Action Team Meeting via Zoom on Thurs., May 18 at 6 PM.
FILL OUT THE FORM AT THE TOP OF THIS WEB PAGE TO RSVP FOR THE MAY 18 CAT TEAM MEETING.
Or call our SEIU 721 Member Connection at (877) 721-4968.
MEMBERS HAVE ALREADY STARTED TO TAKE ACTION
On May 10, members testified at the Board of Supervisors’ deputy meeting. Members also have worn stickers in the workplace with our message to let management know that we are all union and we are standing together in this fight.
But let’s not stop there! We must do more.
Join us on May 18, where we will strategize to achieve our demand from LA County: RESPECT US – PROTECT US – PAY US!