What does the Center for Public Accountability do?
SEIU 721 members engage in a range of activities through the Center for Public Accountability:
- Publish–online, in print, and in partnership with other media/online outlets–original investigative research and commentary
- Support SEIU members and the community in reporting suspected waste, fraud and illegal activities
- Provide first-person accounts and case studies of the work of SEIU 721 members to protect and improve quality public services
- Bring together community partners and allies and government officials for analysis and support of sound structural changes in government operations
- Monitor the privatization of public services to ensure that contracting be managed and protected for the common good