Check this page often for news about the budget and our fight to save city jobs.
LA Daily News:
L.A.’s $7.2B budget OK’d
: L.A. City Council OKs $7.2-billion budget
LA Times – A ‘war on women’ at L.A. City Hall? They’re targeted disproportionately by Mayor Villaraigosa’s proposed layoffs, L.A. labor groups say.
CBS – Villaraigosa’s Proposed Layoffs Called ‘An Attack On Women’
KPCC – Villaraigosa: Claim of “war on women” at City Hall outrageous, desperate.
LA Observed – Villaraigosa: ‘A $16 billion deficit? Come on, everybody.’
• LA Times – Coalition seeks to restore L.A. parks funding
• LA Daily News – City workers offer plan to avoid layoffs
• KPCC – Koretz questions motive behind plan to move city security guards to LAPD
• LA Times – Villaraigosa avoids talk of layoffs in State of the City address• LA Times – In new L.A. budget, Villaraigosa calls for elimination of 669 city jobs
• KTLA – Vilaraigosa Calls for Cutting City Jobs, Retirement Benefits