Here are some of the highlights of the agreement:
- 7.2% increase in the County’s Options contribution for 2014 and an additional 7.2% increase for 2015.
- In 2014, this will fully cover HMO medical premium increases and will mean more cash back in paychecks.
- $500 bonus in 2014 ($250 in January 2014, $250 in July 2014).
- Eliminates the cap on County match for Horizons deferred compensation plan. This means more dollars in SEIU 721 members’ Horizons accounts.
- $400,000 for Rideshare subsidies for SEIU 721 members who walk, bicycle, carpool or use public transit to get to work.
We have agreed with the County on a 6% raise. However, the question is when we’ll get it. The County is trying to penalize SEIU 721 members by denying us the first 2% increase, which other County workers, including Managers, received on October 1. They are only offering to provide this 2% increase after settlement, thereby screwing SEIU 721 members out of at least two months’ salary increase.
NO DEAL! It’s the County’s fault we didn’t have an economic agreement on October 1, not ours! We should not be penalized.The fight continues! We will continue to use every tool at our disposal to win a fair salary settlement and a contract that benefits all of LA County.If you have questions, please talk to your worksite organizer or bargaining team member.