The SEIU 721 City of Palm Springs bargaining team members are: Robert “Bobby” Klomhaus – Maintenance Worker I, Carolyn Notte – Senior Secretary, Bill Notte – Fleet Technician I, Caren Nelson – Account Specialist II, and Craig Wood – Mechanic Technician II. Eloy Alvarez, not pictured, served as SEIU 721 Chief Negotiator.
SEIU 721 members in the City of Palm Springs voted 87% to ratify a proposed contract with management on Tuesday, July 15, 2014. The four-year contract was approved by City Council on Wednesday evening.
Following a discussion and Q&A on the proposed contract, led by SEIU 721 negotiator Eloy Alvarez and Chapter President Bill Notte, members in good standing cast their vote.
Highlights of the new contract are:
• 4-year term
• 8% salary increase in year one
• 8% increase in employee contribution to CalPERS retirement upon ratification and council approval
• 2% salary increases in 2015 and 2017
• 5% increase in employer’s monthly medical contribution in 2014
• Increase in employer’s monthly medical and dental contributions, not to exceed 5% in years 2015-2017
• $150 monthly healthcare opt out
• Out of Class Pay
• $150 shoe allowance
• Vacation cash out option
• Union rights; including agency shop status, union release time and access to union bulletin boards
Click on the link below to view a photo gallery of the membership meeting and vote count.
For more information on your contract or if you have any questions, please contact your job steward or the 721 Member Connection at (877) 721-4YOU.