The SEIU 721 City of Palm Springs bargaining team negotiated a tentative agreement with Palm Springs management on Tuesday, July 15, 2014. City workers will see a 4% salary increase over the four-year contract. Members in good standing can vote Tuesday, July 15, at a general membership meeting.
“After three months of weekly negotiations with management, we have come to a tentative contract agreement. We have secured salary increases and expanded other benefits. Your vote is important. I hope all members can attend and vote on July 15. “– Bill Notte, SEIU 721 City of Palm Springs Chapter President and bargaining team member
Membership Meeting – Contract Vote
Tuesday, July 15
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Palm Springs Corp Yard lunchroom
425 N. Civic Dr.
Palm Springs, CA
Highlights of the four (4) year term contract are:
• 8% salary increase in year one
• 8% increase in employee contribution to CalPERS retirement upon ratification and council approval
• 2% salary increases in 2015 and 2017
• 5% increase in Employer’s monthly medical contribution in 2014
• Increase in Employer’s monthly medical and dental contributions, not to exceed 5% in years 2015-2017
• $150 monthly healthcare opt out
• Out of Class Pay
• $150 shoe allowance
• Vacation cash out option
• Union rights; including release time and union bulletin boards
The bargaining team recommends a YES vote.
SEIU 721 City of Palm Springs bargaining team members are: Robert “Bobby” Klomhaus – Maintenance Worker I, Caren Nelson – Account Specialist II, Bill Notte – Fleet Technician I, Carolyn Notte – Senior Secretary, Craig Wood – Mechanic Technician II. Eloy Alvarez, served as SEIU 721 Chief Negotiator.
For more information contact SEIU 721 worksite organizer Christopher Stout, at (760) 408-5033, email@example.com, a job steward or the Member Connection at (877) 721-4YOU.