We did it! After more than three years of standing strong, Riverside County SEIU 721 members overwhelmingly voted to ratify a new four-year contract that raises the floor and the ceiling for all workers, protects healthcare and retirement, and gives us more time to spend with our families.
The YES vote comes after weeks of voting via mail, online and with dozens of worksite meetings held across the county so that as many members as possible would have the opportunity to make their voices heard.
This victory is a long time coming and was only possible because SEIU 721 members refused to be pushed around. In the face of stonewalling by the County, dozens of unfair labor practice charges, and even an insulting imposed terms and conditions, we remained union strong and won a fair deal!
When we fight, we win!
The Riverside County Board of Supervisors will vote on the agreement on January 28.
Top Contract Highlights:
- 4% annual merit/anniversary increases for employees who are not at the top of thesalary scale
- 2, 2 and 2.5% wage increases in years 2, 3, and 4 for topped out employees
- A $750 lump sum for topped out employees in year 2
- New, less expensive medical options through CalPERS
- Increased medical subsidies
- Increased retiree medical contribution
- 60 additional vacation hours over the life of the contract
- Elimination of the bottom three salary steps for all classifications