County of Ventura Contract Campaign Headquarters 2022
Our SEIU 721 bargaining team delivered on a strong tentative agreement and members overwhelmingly voted YES!
The three-year agreement includes 13% general salary increases over the term of the TA, significant increases in flex credit contribution, a one-time bonus of $2,000, and a new paid Juneteenth holiday!
Market Based Adjustments Job Classification list (version from 11-29-22)
Market based adjustments are made for classifications that are below market rate after the salary increase. For example, GSA Custodian Supervisors will receive a 5.5% GSI effective 12/25/2022 (1/13/2023 paycheck) and will receive additional 10.83% MBA effective 1/8/2023 (1/27/2023 paycheck).
Our bargaining team had the momentum to win this agreement thanks to the organizing and action of more than 360 Contract Action Team (CAT) members who have been the lifeblood and backbone of this campaign. Together, members submitted more than 1,400 bargaining surveys that guided us on setting top priorities.
The team heard you loud and clear, and our team brought home an agreement with historic General Salary Increases.
When we fight, we win!
Here is our Bargaining Team.
• Ivon Gutierrez, Office Assistant IV (HCA)
• Cecilia Hernandez-Garcia, Accounting Assistant II (HSA)
• Edwin Jacob, Coder-Certified (HCA)
• Margarita Magallanes, Medical Office Assistant IV (HCA)
Maintenance and Labor (PLM)
• Anthony Santiago, Public Works Maint Worker II (PWA)
• Felipa Lopez, HS Client Benefit Spec III (HSA)
• Toni O’Neil, HS Client Benefit Spec III (HSA)
• Grace Sepulveda, HS Client Benefit Spec III (HSA)
• Erika Villa, Public Defender Investigator II (Public Defender)
• Rene Espinoza, Nursing Assistant II (HCA)
• Brandon Miller, Public Safety Dispatcher II (VC Fire)
• Jamie Williams, Mental Hlth Associate (HCA)
• Maria Zavala, Adult Protective Services Social Worker III (HSA)
Social Workers (PSS)
• David Vahidi, HS Child Welfare Soc Wrkr III (HSA)
• Thomas Adelman, Principal Respiratory Therapist (HCA)
• Rebecca Albarran, HS Client Benefit Supervisor (HSA)
*Sign up for text message alerts by texting SEIU to 721721.
Download an SEIU 721 Zoom Background
Build Union Strength in Ventura County
The beginning of a bargaining campaign is a great time to strengthen
our union by bringing in new members.
If a co-worker asks how he/she can join the union,
send them to the SEIU 721 Welcome page.
Tri-Counties County of Ventura SEIU 721 staff
Regional Director Danny Carrillo
Regional Coordinator Edwin Valdez
Chief Negotiator, Aram Agdaian
Worksite Organizers: Lupe Montaño, Monica Martinez, Revi Levi,
Esmeralda Reynoso, Annette Nino
Communications Specialist: Jesse Luna