In accordance with our SEIU Local 721 by-laws, it is my honor as your President, to submit this report to you on our Union’s activities. To read the full report, please use this link.
The Fight Is Just Beginning
The election on November 8th should have been a triumph for working people and our country. Instead it was a tragedy.
While our Union was winning big here in California, the most divisive political campaign in modern American history propelled a real estate developer turned- reality-television star, with no government experience, into the White House.
The contrast couldn’t be more stark, but we’re ready to stand up.
We’ve got to continue the fight and continue to rack up key victories for the workers who look to our union for inspiration.
Also in this President’s Report:
- Time for 721 to Lead – Workers need us more than ever
- Riverside members win a strong 4-year deal
- Panel solving problems for LA CSWs
- Victory at L.A. LGBT Center
- County of Ventura workers turn up the pressure to fight back and save affordable healthcare
- L.A. Law Librarians win agency shop
- SEIU 721 Latino Caucus celebrates warriors for justice
- Nurses come together to learn, build power and improve healthcare
- Take a look at how we scored key federal and statewide victories and review our entire Election Scorecard