Update: Jan. 25, 2012 – Click here to read SEIU Chief Negotiator Wendy Thomas’ letter to Riverside County management on county’s continuing change of Terms and Conditions of Employment.
On Tuesday, Jan. 24, SEIU 721 members officially noticed Riverside County Board of Supervisors that all Riverside County SEIU 721 members will hold a one-day unfair labor practice strike next Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012 at the County Administration Center in downtown Riverside.
“For the past several years we have worked with the county and shared
Members have shared stories of their concerns and
hardships. For some, it has been a decision between making a house payment or putting food on the table for our children.”
Dolores Gonzalez, registered nurse.
• Join SEIU 721 members for strike preparation -picket sign making on Friday, Jan. 27,
at 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the SEIU 721 Office, 4336 Market St., Riverside, CA, 92501, and the Palm Desert office at 74-399 Hwy. 111, Ste. G, Palm Desert, CA, 92260.
• Grab a picket sign and join your co-workers in a one-day strike against the unfair labor practices of Riverside County.
•Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012 picketing from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. County Administration Center 4080 Lemon St., Riverside, CA
All SEIU 721 Riverside County workers are to report to the County
Administration Center on what would be their normal workday shift. Since SEIU 721 has given official notice to the County, contrary to what you might have told, you do not need to call in to absence yourself from work during this period.
Parking and Transportation
• We have reserved parking at Lot 33 on 3rd, between Orange and Market streets.
Buses and vans will also be provided at the following locations:
• Cathedral City – 7 a.m. – DPSS parking lot – 68625 Perez Rd., Cathedral City
• Hemet – 7 a.m. – 541 N. San Jacinto, Hemet
• Indio – 7 a.m. – Indio Mental Health parking lot – 47825 Oasis St., Indio
• Moreno Valley – 7 a.m. – Macy’s parking lot – Moreno Valley Mall – (South side of Macy’s off Campus Parkway and Towngate Cir.), Moreno Valley
• Riverside – 7 a.m. – Park and Ride area at Galleria at Tyler, Riverside – 10260 Magnolia Ave., (by Forever 21- SE corner Tyler and Magnolia, by RTA bus stop)
Buses and vans will leave from the CAC and return to the original locations after picketing concludes, check with your strike captain for final instructions.
Click here to download a flyer on bus times and locations.
For more information, please contact your worksite organizer or
(877) 721-4YOU or after hours check the strike message hotline at (951) 248-4638
This is a difficult time for all families, click here to view a document of county emergency resources to help during this time.