Superior Court Bargaining Team Reach Tentative Agreement
Court members will see raises of 7% over the next two years.
Riverside County Superior Court members will be voting on the agreement by mail. You should be receiving the ballot shortly and they must be returned to the SEIU 721 Riverside office on Tuesday, Dec. 1. The vote count will be held at Inland office on Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.
The following is a summary of the changes and enhancements:
- Extends current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) term to 2018.
- 7% salary increases over next two years:
- 3% January 2016
- 2% July 2016
- 2% July 2017
- Increases to flex benefits. (Current SEIU 721 benefits are $600 employee, $800 emp. + 1 and $1000 family.)
- January 1, 2016
- Employee = $655m
- Employee +1 = $1020m
- Family = $1310
- January 1, 2017
- Employee = $710
- Employee +1 = $1110
- Family = $1425
- January 1, 2018
- Employee = $785
- Employee +1 = $1225
- Family = $1570
- January 1, 2016
- $20 flat rate bonus for Court Reporters who voluntarily perform RCRA (hearing impaired) services for 30 minutes of reporting.
- Anniversary calculation date based on hours paid instead of hours worked.
- Amended appeal language for parties to agree on appeal date 60 days after the filing of an appeal.
- Amend layoff reinstatement language to allow members to opt out of notification of positions more than 40 miles away from their home/office during the life of the reinstatement list.
- Workers’ Comp language removed from MOU and now falls under State mandated guidelines.
** Clarifying – Employees WILL continue to receive the retiree medical contribution of $25/month upon retirement. (Due to an editing error in material mailed to members, this benefit was said to have ended. It has not.)
Click here to download the Tentative Agreement.
Click here to download a summary of the TA.
Haven’t received your ballot? Click here to download a ballot. Write your name and employee number on the outside of the envelope and either mail to the office by Dec. 1 or you can hand to a member of the bargaining team. The vote count will take place at the Riverside office on Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.
Mail to: SEIU 721 Inland office, 6177 River Crest Dr., Ste. B, Riverside, CA 92507.
The SEIU 721 Superior Court bargaining team encourages a YES vote.